Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Life In-Between


I have a problem. 
I am a drain-circler.
(Drain-circler: One who gets caught up in the whirlwind of worrying)
                           Life is so haaaard.                Its all so useless...
    WHY ME? 
                     
                       I can't do anything. 

You get the picture.  
Right now, it seems to be harder than ever. I've graduated, but I'm still in temporary limbo while Chris finishes school. So--

Where the HECK am I going?
Where am I going to find a job? 
Shouldn't I know what I want?
who am i?

I have spent 5 years in this city, and I still don't feel connected. I'm slowly moving away from my high school friends (I know, it took me a long time to let go) and yet I'm not sure I've made new ones. 
There's a line between a friendly acquantaince and a  real friend.
I'm not sure I know how to cross it.
(Sad face)

 Anyway....
enough circling.
Today I am a real person with goals and stuff.

#1: I will use part of my empty afternoon to go picture-taking around the city rather than sitting at home boo-hooing.
 #2: I will make a list of things I am grateful for: 
  • CHRIS. Who snuggles me up at night and makes me hot chocolate. 
  • The semi-warm sun that is peeking out today. The birds I heard singing in the dark at 7am this morning. 
  • Taco-Tuesday! WOO cheap tacos. 
  • My pretty new skirts that I wish it was warm enough to wear! 
  • The chance to accompany some R.S. gals on the piano...I felt special to be asked! :)  
  •  The wonderfulness of prayer.    
#3: I will make a cute fabric rosette to clip onto my purse.
#4: I will make MORE fabric rosettes to put on a skirt I made. 
They are just so cute and easy its hard to resist. 
#5: I will not be a drain-circler today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...