Wednesday, July 4, 2012

DIY Comfy Fourth of July Tee

Yesterday, I got the urge to suddenly do something crafty for the 4th. Which is kind of weird, because usually it's not a big holiday in my book. I don't decorate....I don't wear patriotic clothing....and I don't take the time to dye my food red and blue.

Except this year I am doing all that. {well, except decorating. small steps here.}

We are having a BBQ with a bunch of friends tonight, for which I am actually  making red and blue star-shaped jello. 

Yes, I'm making jello. It's a Utah classic, people.

But all that aside, here is the shirt I made:



Like I previously stated, I'm not usually super-patriotic. {sorry america.} So when I made this shirt, I tried to make something that would work both for the 4th and for any other day of the year. 

I started with a basic white men's v-neck tee.



I took it in, gave it a rounded hem, and shortened the sleeves. Then I cut out alternating strips of blue patterned fabric, and sewed them onto the shirt. I left the edges raw, because I liked the frayed look. Total of five stripes in all.

That's pretty much it.





I'm wearing it with a red necklace. 


Yeah, that's about as red-white-and-blue as I can get.


Happy Fourth of July everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...