Monday, November 19, 2012

I Eat When I'm Bored

Have you ever wasted an entire hour just staring into the fridge?

I certainly hope so, because then you might find this post helpful. I am currently OUT of ideas to write about. Work has picked up with the holiday season, so I don't have a whole lot of time to craft or sew. And the most exciting place we've been lately was Scheel's. 



They do have crazy amounts of stuffed animals and this awesome, 3-pillar, overhead fish-tank. 



That picture doesn't even do it justice.


But anyway, back to my point......boredom and food. I know my blog has been a little boring as of late, so as compensation I'm offering you this:




Pumpkin Cranberry Walnut Bread. It's as delicious as it looks. So when you start wondering how I got so boring, instead of staring into the fridge you can make this. 

Ingredients:

  • 2 C. flour
  • 3/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 C. sugar
  • 1/2 C. canola oil
  • 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
  • 1 C. dried cranberries
  • 1/2 C. walnuts, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan {or a couple of smaller ones}. 

In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.

In a large bowl, beat together the sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add the pumpkin puree and mix well. Add dry ingredients, stir until combined. Gently add in cranberries and walnuts. 

Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan{s}. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the pan for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack.


This bread is just so perfect for this time of year! It will make your house smell yummy, feel warm from the oven, and it's totally comfort food. 

And maybe if you don't smear a big slab of butter on each piece like I do, it could be considered healthy.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...