Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Easy & Adorable DIY Fabric Flowers

A couple weeks ago, I helped put together a baby shower for my sister-in-law. I picked the invitations and decorations, because she was having a little girl. And who doesn't want to decorate for a little girl??

These are the invitations I created:



I was pretty proud. I think they turned out so cute!

For decorations, I needed something simple, but still adorable. After searching pinterest for a couple hours a little bit, I found a really easy fabric flower garland

Here are the instructions:





First, gather up all your extra scraps of fabric, your scissors, and your hot glue gun.





Then, grab something to use as the base for your flowers. I used a combo of some old interfacing and some blue felt. Trace a small circle {smaller than you want your flower} and cut it out.





Be smart like I wasn't, and layer up your fabric from the very beginning to cut out several at once.






Then, layer up your flower fabric and cut out a slightly larger circle.







Take one circle and fold it in half, then in half again.





Do this to four circles, then glue them to your base circle like so:






Fold two more circles into quarters. You need a total of six folded circles to make each flower.

Glue the last two circles right in the very center of your flower.





If you want, you can clip the tips before you glue so they sit a little flatter.


Repeat this process six million times. I recommend having a good tv show {or several} to watch.





I ended up making two different sizes of flowers, along with a fabric-scrap letter. You can find instructions on how to make one yourself here.






If you are making a garland with your flowers, simply hot glue them to a piece of twine or string. I used twine, and used big lace bows to string it up. I can't believe I forgot to get a picture, but there you go. 


Here are a couple pictures of the table:








I thought the flowers were a cute little touch. And, if the other little children at the shower don't try to eat them, you can re-use them. {maybe some DIY hair clips or headbands!}


I would love to try my hand at making some different styles of fabric flowers, maybe to use as home decor. Or maybe just for fun because they are so pretty.

Just look how gorgeous!





{you can find all these on my pinterest account.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...